Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Moment for Today

Welcome to The Womack World take 2 ;)  I think I will be better at blogging this go around...I think.

Spontaneous worship.  Those times during the day where there is just something bubbling up out of you and you have to stop, raise your hands to our Maker and give Him praise.  Those times are happening for me today.  They are sweet and energizing.  I know for a fact they make the Lord smile and that is really our goal as Jesus followers.  Making the Lord smile and obeying what He lays out for us in His word and challenges He places in our hearts.  Spontaneous worship...a great thing.

As a mom it helps me see my 3 children differently.  My patience endures a bit more, my view of the day is revived, and I look for times to show my kids Jesus.  That is our job as mothers.  To show our kids Jesus and point them to Him.  We have several jobs as mothers.  We care for their physical needs, emotional needs, and all around their well being in this life.  BUT...as Jesus followers ourselves we are to first and foremost point them to our Lord.  We are to be an example of what it means to live like Jesus.  We, mothers, are the first experience our kids have with Jesus.  We must make sure our actions line up with His word.  We must make sure we are going to the Lord in prayer everyday as we roll out of bed, with kids at our feet waiting for a morning beverage, and asking Him to dwell among us.  Asking Him to fill us so we may give out to our kids.  Asking Him to reveal Himself to us, first and foremost, so we can be a good example to our kids.  Asking Him to capture our kid's hearts early and keeping them so they will not stray from Him.  That is what we must do as mothers.  That is what spontaneous worship helps me do as a mother.  Try it.  You will see.

As a wife, spontaneous worship helps me serve my husband.  It makes me appreciative of what all he does for our family and how hard he works to make us successful.  It makes my job of doing the laundry, straightening up our home, and making sure he has what he needs more meaningful and all that more important.  It makes me want to be his helper and his companion as scripture says the woman was made to be for the man.  It prepares my heart to put aside the troubles of my day, which having 3 children can cause, and welcoming him home with a smile and a kiss.  That is what spontaneous worship helps me do as a wife.  Try it.  You will see.

Be encouraged today in your roles as mothers and/or wives.  You are a vital part of the Lord's plan and you should strive to do all YOU can to fight for that plan. 

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment