Monday, September 10, 2012

Romance Your Man

Happy Monday Friends!  I hope this post finds you all well and rested from the weekend.  We had a full weekend but it was fun.  Lots of family time and memories made is always a successful weekend.

I have been at this thing called marriage long enough to be qualified as "experienced".  I am thankful, everyday, that the man I am married to is both my best friend and my love.  What an intoxicating combination!! Am I right ladies????!!!!!  Just seeing our man as both our best friend and our love should make us want to make him come home everyday with excitement and anticipation.  He should be running to car from the office, trying not to speed on the highway, and timing himself to see how fast he can get in the door.  His day on the job should be washed away when he walks through that door.  

Do you create that for your man?  Stop right now.  Think about it.  Do you?

I'm not talking about keeping your house clean, even though you should.  I'm not talking about making sure he has dinner, even though you should.  I'm not talking about waiting on him hand and foot, even though you should care for your husband in a way that makes him feel valued. 

I am talking about a habit/behavior of nagging, correcting, disrespecting, and undermining.  Do you ask your husband to help you and then tell him he is doing it wrong and take over?  Do you correct him every chance you get and make him feel stupid?  Do you order him instead of ask him?  Do you treat him like he can't do anything right?  Do you see him as no more than just another one of the kids?  Do you treat your husband in a way that makes him want to go above and beyond as a husband and/or father?  Do you treat your husband in a way that invites romance in to your home?



As a stay at home mom I deal with my children all the time.  So, I am guilty of not refocusing my mind when interacting with my husband.  I am guilty of ordering him when I should be asking.  I am guilty of just including him in with the children because that is the mentality I have been in all day.  I am wrong in doing this.  I need to be more intentional about shifting my mind set before my husband walks through our door.  I need to make a quick run and straighten house things, my kids, and myself so our home can be a place of peace and rest.  I should treat my husband as the man of our home not just like one of the kids.  These changes will create an environment that will encourage my husband and make him feel valued.  These changes, most likely, will not make me feel more romantic.  These changes will create an atmosphere that will allow romance to enter.  It will create a space where my husband feels loved, respected, and valued which in turn opens the door to romance.  It will open the door for growth and for love to flow freely in your home.  It will open the door to a more peaceful and restful home for your husband to come to after being on the job and for you to be proud of and raise your family in.

So go, stop your nagging, your complaining, your poor attitude.  Strive to make changes and do small things that open the door to romance in your home.  Be more intentional about how you treat your husband and mindful of how your behavior could be making him feel.  Go, be the wife Proverbs 31 tells you to be.  Obey scripture and the word of our Lord and your husband will run from his job, speed on the highway, and hurry into your home.  Go, strive for this kind of home and marriage.  Strive to change our culture and it's view of a marriage relationship.  Go, and don't become part of our 41% divorce rate.

You can do it.  I know you can.  Ask our Lord for help and He will be faithful to answer your prayer.  He always is.

Blessings.








No comments:

Post a Comment